Umbilical cord stump & Breastfeeding questions

Jinna • 3•11•17💍K.F.M 4•2•18👼G.G.M 6•1•19💙Military Wife💚

Sorry if these may seem like stupid questions to you, I'm a ftm and I'm orphaned so I cant go ask my own parents lol.

My son is almost two weeks old, his umbilical cord fell off last night and it looks good, no redness or oozing, the little part that was left behind has almost completely shrunk into his belly. My question is, how long after the stump falls off am I allowed to actually bathe him instead of doing sponge baths? Like should I not be able to see anymore of what is left of the stump?

He has done so amazing at breastfeeding, he has a great latch and we dont have really any problems (besides my nipples feeling like glass lol) but everytime I breastfeed him, he spits up a decent amount either right after or before his next feed. It doesnt seem to bother him, as he can be asleep then spit up and immediately pass out again lol, but I decided that since he was a low birth weight (6lbs 8oz) and at his week appointment he was 6lbs 3oz that I would try to help him out by giving him a small amount of formula for some extra nutrients encase I am lacking.

Well he doesnt spit up the formula.

I haven't drank any milk since his birth since I heard that can mess with a newborn if they are lactose intolerant, I barely eat anything other than fruits and snacks like pop tarts because I simply cant find the time to a actually cook lol.

Is he better off just on the formula? I dont want to stop breastfeeding because it is how him and I bond..

I do burp him while feeding him either breast or formula, but it seems like with breast once I set him up to burp he just spits up instead. The formula has not made him colicky or constipated either, so that's great in my opinion, but it is a lactose free formula since his father and I are both lactose intolerant.

should I try to give breastmilk in a bottle instead like I do with formula? I just want him to be healthy and not spit up all his food because he obviously needs it. 🙃 ftm and I'm losing it slowly but surely.