No group about friends that I found so...

I have a guy friend that seems to come and go out of my life. He tells me that I am extremely important to him then disappears. He tells me that I am there for him more than everyone else ever has then he disappears. He NEVER buys me anything just because, but out of nowhere he buys me an early birthday gift for my pool then he disappears. He will text and call me for days in a row then he disappears. He complains that his friends always dis him, but he doesn't ask me to do anything. He tells me that if I cant text HIM then he must not be worth my time. If I text him I get answers like "ok" or "I will try if i find time." He works about a mile from my house and i wanted him to see my fence I'm staining in person being that he put it up. I even told him I didnt have to be here he knows how to get in the fence..."if I find time." If I text him now that it's been a few days he will say "i must not be worth your time cause you cant text me." Hey wait...you can text me. You say you want me in your life so what's the issue? Just say hi. Ok. I feel better. Rant over 😊