Speech delayed child with a younger sibling.

My son will be 2 in October and I will be having another baby this December. As of right now, he’s really smart, he knows how to do a lot of things, he can ride his bike, I noticed he organizes things in order when he’s playing with stuff, and he does some things that I wish he didn’t know how to do yet lmao (opening doors and getting in the fridge 🤦‍♀️) but he just doesn’t talk at all.

He says dad, barely says mama, and he’s started to say bye. He can shake his head yes or no but not say it. He mostly uses gestures to tell me things he wants. I’ve been trying hard to get him to learn more and it seems it’s not like he can’t talk more, he just chooses not to 🙄

I was wondering if anyone else had a first born who was delayed in some way and if when they had their second it helped the first born learn faster? I’m just wondering if maybe when this baby is around he’ll be more interested in repeating stuff associated with the baby? (I’ve been trying to get him to say baby for a few weeks, it seems like he’s close to saying it too)