My catholic parents think my child will become a murderer.

Rachel • 👧👶

Long story short I was raised catholic. Went to church twice a week for 18 years. Until I stopped. I baptized my first child to make my parents happy. At the time I did go to mass. My second child was born and I decided to make the same decision only they wont baptize him until I go to church for 6 months. I'd rather not debate on religion so cutting to the chase. My father says my son is going to shoot someone if I dont get him baptized. My mom said something similar in the past about my children not having morals without religion. He started the conversation fine until he stops listening and tells me it's because I'm not married in the church when I told him they didnt care about that. Then his solution is to go get in the church book because that fixes it all. Then he just gets mean and rude and doesnt stop when I try to end the conversation. We ended in a massive fight with me storming out of there house children in hand. He called me bat shit crazy infront of my 5 year old daughter. After I get home I text my mom to say I'm done with him and she can come visit if she wants but she responds calling me a spoiled brat and I cant get mad at my father for telling it how it is and such. I made a massive effort for my parents despite my beliefs. I called different churches and even went to a meeting with my newborn baby. But that wasn't good enough. I've cut all ties with them including blocking their numbers but my heart is completely broken. I cant allow someone to have a relationship with my kids if they think they're going to be bad people. I dont know how you can look at my beautiful loving amazing children and say they wont have morals. I dont understand why they cant love all of us unconditionally despite beliefs. I truly love my parents. Until the topic turns to religion. Am I over reacting by being done with them?