Needing some words of encouragement😞

This past year was my first year in uni where I went to school in Canada because I really wanted the change and a chance to start fresh. I really struggled my first few months but I finally picked up a routine and a friend group that I loved to be around but essentially what happened was I started to have a thing with one of the guys in the group for a bit, he was so sweet to me and made me feel so special and then all of the sudden he dropped me and started dating another girl. I was and still am so confused about it and feel so insecure, he’s reasoning was “I think we’re better off friends, I still think you’re so cute” like ???? how old are you?!

So anyway, my friends just kinda started to distance themselves from me by the end of the year and now I’m so worried about the upcoming school year, like I was just getting into the hang of things, adjusting well and then everything fell apart. I feel like i’m going to be all along again. I’m just looking for some words of encouragement/advice ♥️