Not the boyfriend!

Brianna

So this guy I’ve been having sex with (on and off for the last four years) has been acting weird lately. He’s changed a lot...he’s been texting/calling almost regularly, we actually go out and do things together now, and most times we just play video games/watch YT and cuddle. He’s stayed over at my place and I’ve done the same at his a few times. But...he’s not my boyfriend. We’ve agreed to keep things casual and see where it leads us but we don’t really call ourselves FWB. Every time I mention we are just fooling around, he gets defensive and says “it’s more than that” but he never elaborates. I’ve tried pressing the issue again recently but he becomes vague w/ his answers. I’ve been been with him for four years and in all that time, this time feels different. We’ve already discussed that we want to continue to be in each other’s lives...But, I’m not getting my hopes up...again. I’m just trying to figure out how I can cope better, and nip this whole catching feelings thing in the bud 😣 I need some advice!!!