Mental Health

Hey guys.

I feel like I might have mild depression but I’m not sure. Maybe I’m over exaggerating? I’m a college student and I’m home for the summer. I work 40 hours a week. For awhile now, I’ve been really tired and feel emotionally/physically drained. When I’m home I either want to sleep or just be alone in my room. My body feels so heavy and i just want to lay in my bed and not think about or do anything. I find myself not caring about the things I used to get excited about. I’m having a hard time making myself get all my housework done. For example, putting away laundry or emptying the dishwasher is way more of a chore than it used to be. I’ve been unintentionally letting things pile up and get out of hand. Sometimes I feel like I’m just lazy and have no excuse for letting things go undone.

I’ve felt like this for awhile, even during the school year. However, I don’t know if I’m actually depressed or if it’s just a phase or something. I am able to get the things done that absolutely have to be done (I go to class, finish my assignments on time, and go to work). But other than that I feel like everything is a struggle. I don’t know very much about depression, so I’m not sure how to judge my situation. I don’t really have anyone I can talk to about these things either. One of my friends has anxiety and sometimes sees a counselor on my college’s campus. I mentioned to her that maybe I should make an appointment and go sometime, but she said that she didn’t think I had any mental health problems or reasons to go. I’m not sure why I’m feeling like this, but I don’t like it.

If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.