No judging I need help

Before you guys say “ just leave “ it’s better said then done.

I feel like me and my boyfriend are just not compatible anymore but I love him and which we were. I feel like we’re not on the same page about anything. I feel like we aren’t a team & he made it this way. WHEN he has something it’s his but if I have something I say it’s ours. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’m 19 , he has 6 kids I have none and he’s 31 years old. I TRY TO BE THE BEST GF / STEP MOM & nothing seems to make him happy? Like he’s controlling , & mentally abusive.. like I’ve never felt so low of myself. He calls me a bum ( I’m in school to become a nurse ) while he’s a felon. So I kinda don’t understand. He has a 2 bedroom apartment and a car that isn’t in his name. But talks Down on me. & I’m 19. 🧐 I’m so lost & I often fantasize about being being actually happy & not just for a “ moment “ . I’m 19 but I really feel like I’m ready to settle? I’m not on games , I’m family oriented. He has kids over on weekends and things are very odd. Like im not sure if things were like this when he was with there mom? They even seem distanced from him in a way. & whenever they come around him he tells them go play lol. Like for birthdays he doesn’t do anything , & I kinda wish he would be into it? Like when they birthday come I buy them gifts , but it’s nothing special to me. It’s like “ here you go “ . If I was to surprise them with a big party he would say I’m doing too much or wasted money. I’m not sure if this is something I want to continue to deal with. I love him , but I don’t see a future with him. We have been together a year and a half now