20 weeks ultrasound- very relieved!

Hi all,

My GF is 19+3 pregnant and this morning we had the infamous 20 weeks ultrasound. I was very anxious about this one, given the fact that our NIPT test came back inconclusive twice. This (lack of a) result can hint on a chromosonal abnormality, so all of a sudden we were labelled as 'high risk'. There was absolutely no way that my GF would consider an amnio, leaving us with no other option than to wait for this ultrasound and look for potential 'markers' for abnormalities.

I have done the wrong thing by doing an insane amount of research on the matter, creating tensions between me and my GF (who didn't want any negative thinking around this pregnancy). So I had no other option than to let it go and trust on a good outcome.

The ultrasound today showed no markers at all that could hint on abnormalities, except for the fact that our little man didn't show his back properly. So we have to come back for that one, next week.

Of course, there is still no guarantee whatsoever, but one can understand our sense of relief. Hope this story helps for future dads in a similar position!