I’ve come to the conclusion...

Mandee

So, I’ll start off by saying my husband & I have been married for 13 years. Not all great. But what marriage doesn’t have its ups & downs? Well, we’re on vacation. We didn’t go anywhere because he didn’t want to. So we’re staying home because that’s what he wanted to do. Well, I’m kind of stuck with what to do... I’ve tried to love on him & show him I love him. But he brushes me away. He was mad all evening last night & when I asked what was wrong he said it was just him being an asshole. Today, he’s ignored me for his games on his phone... won’t love on me. Won’t touch me. I tried to talk to him about it...

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Well, I’ve tried to show you love & affection all day & you ignore me.”

“Whatever.”

“I just don’t feel like I’m as important as your games & phone...”

“Well, you’re just as important. Lucky you. Every time you talk my ears bleed. I wish you’d just shut up.”

I’ve been so down lately & for the past 5 years. Feeling unloved & neglected. I have severe depression. And it get to me daily in ‘that way’... if you know what I mean. I don’t know how much more I can take. He went off on me about ordering groceries from the Wal Mart pick up app. Said I never asked him. I just made the decision without even asking him. I told him that I just put stuff in the cart that I knew we needed like milk & eggs & I was going to wait for him to stop mowing so I could ask him what else we needed. That I didn’t finalize the order because I knew he’d want some things. I was trying to be considerate. But when I did that he just shut me down... He spends all his time playing games & ignoring me. Yells at everyone in the house. Then complains that we don’t do enough. I hold down a full time job as a surgical tech, but he also expects me to be a full time house cleaner too. Says I don’t appreciate him.

My birthday was last Friday. I came home from a 12 hour shift. No happy birthday, no nothing. I was expected to clean the house even though he was home for 5 hours before me. I don’t expect to be showered with gifts or cake. I just wanted a hug & kiss. But never got that. In fact, he yelled at me because I was tired & ready to go to bed at 11...

I guess my question is... what do I do? How can I fix this? He’s more interested in the games & yard than he is in our marriage. I want to fix this. I truly do. But I’m at a loss. Please give me some advice.