Potty training 3 year old help 😭

Lenny • 👩🏻👨🏼‍🦰👧🏻👦🏼🤰🏻

My daughter has been potty training going on a year now. She’s 3 1/2. She never wets her panties- not even at night. However, she still doesn’t poop in the potty. She will every few weeks, and we praise her every time, but then she will go right back to going #2 in her pull ups or panties.

We have tried to give her surprises when she poops in the potty, or whenever she poops in her pull up/ panties, we have tried time outs, taking things away, etc. I know that she does understand what to do, because I’ll ask her where is she supposed to go poop at, and she always answers in the potty. Today, I took her to work with me. We went to the restroom, and she said she didn’t have to go, so we went back to my office and within ten minutes she pooped her panties. I just so happened to have an extra pull up with me, so I told her that since she didn’t poop in the potty, she didn’t get a surprise. I told her she only gets a surprise when she poops on the potty.... about 15 minutes later, she pooped in her pull up again!

I’m so frustrated. She has been great and hasn’t been wetting her panties for about 6 months now. But, we still struggle with this. I wanted to put her in a head start program next month, but I can’t unless she’s fully potty trained.

Any tips???