Always pick up the phone

Alison

So I’m writing this in hopes that it will ensure others don’t make the same mistake I did yesterday. I was out with my daughter and I saw my phone ringing, it was my mom, I did not answer . She called again and again I didn’t answer. I was with my daughter at an amusement park and I just figured I’d call when I could talk. Then about 5 min my brother in law calls, I saw this and figured it was about the trip my family was planning and we were supposed to be leaving for today. Maybe my mom was calling about that and just had my brother in law call to see if he could reach me. I answered figured I’d tell him I’ll call right back, he unlike my mom will let me hang up my mom can keep me on the phone for hours ❤️ he stopped me from talking and said my mom was in a car accident and she’s on the way to the hospital. All I could think was about how I didn’t pick up the phone. Apparently some bystander took her phone and was calling ppl in her call log and I didn’t answer. I still feel disgusted with myself over this. I left the park right away and got to the hospital. Thank god she was okay, arm burned, sternum fractured and in a lot of pain but okay. Just a reminder to always answer your phone if you can.