Am I wrong for not wanting to retake my child’s blood test?

Shawnte

My 2-3 yr old has a low hemoglobin and white blood cell count.My question is.... is it medically necessary to retake the blood test in 2 weeks like the doctor suggested. They said he’s right on the mark but they want to recheck it to make sure. I feel like if he’s still “on the mark” then why take it again. He just got 3 shots 2 weeks ago, he got his blood drawn a week ago, then they want to take his blood in 2 weeks, and he has to get two shots on the 15th. I just think that’s way too much sticking of needles in my child. Not to mention I’m going on 9 months pregnant so I would have to commute to the hospital ALL THOSE TIMES, plus come back to the hospital when I go into labor AND then come right back a week after baby is born. Not to mention tugging around my 3 yr old to my OBGYN appts and our Wic appointments. That’s just too much I don’t feel as though I’m putting my child’s health in jeopardy because he’s a very energetic little boy who doesn’t get sick often. Am I wrong for not wanting to retake the test. What would you do?