I feel like my MIL is trying to discourage me from breastfeeding 😡

Megan

Idk, I'm just ranting because my husband isn't the best one to rant to some times, especially when it comes to his own mother. So before I even got pregnant and when just my SIL was pregnant we were discussing breast feeding and I said how when I had children that I wanted to breast feed for at least a year. She immediately was like oh you'll probably only breast feed for 6 months at most and get sick of it...whatever. So fast forward to now I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I again stated how I want to breastfeed for at least a year and she now is claiming that I'll only do it for 2 more 3 months because I'll be going back to work...so without getting too into this part my BIL and SIL were deemed as unfit parents and now their son is being taken care of by my MIL and I went with her to one of the WICC appointments and she was trying to talk to all the nurses there like trying to get them to side with her about breastfeeding for a short time but they at least seemed supportive of my decision. But that ticked me off too then a week or two ago she asked me what formula I was planning to use...to which I responded none because I was going to pump, to which she responded well you may not produce enough so I should really look into a supplement...then just the other day we were talking on the phone and she just has nothing positive to say about breastfeeding and it's really getting on my nerves. It just really feels like she is trying to get me to not breastfeed at all, I tried to talk to my husband about it and he just said not to take it so seriously cuz I'll do whatever I want to which is true but that doesn't mean I like all the negativity I'm getting about it. My own mother and sister just asked if I was planning on breastfeeding or using formula and when I gave my answer they were just like cool...but my MIL keeps insisting that I'll just do it for a short time and I won't like it and I'll have to pump all the time to keep up with her(I'm having a girl)and other just not positive things. Idk like I said just ranting a bit because it's no one's decision but mine and my baby's for how long I breastfeed but I don't know how to really say that without sounding like a bitch I guess :/