Am I in the wrong here??

Marie

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. We are both 20.

One of his girl friends (whom I’d expressed I was uncomfortable with several times) had asked him to take her to prom. He told her that he doubted I would be okay with it. I was obviously not okay with this, and I let him know that. He said that that was not a problem, and let her know that it wasn’t going to happen. I assumed it was end of discussion.

Fast forward a day or two, and this girl messages me. She wants to know why it’s such an issue, that they have been friends for a long time and she doesn’t understand why I’m making such an issue out of it and that it’s not a big deal. I tried to express to her that I was not comfortable with it and tried to put her in my shoes. She basically just disregarded my feelings and I asked my boyfriend to keep her away from me (ie. messaging me).

So, my question here, am I in the wrong? I don’t feel like I am but for some reason, I still feel like the asshole.

**I have always told him that I would not interfere in the friendship because I had lost a very close friend over a jealous girl, unless it became some kind of issue.