did i make a mistake?

the one person i have to vent to is currently too drunk to talk to me and shuts me down with this conversation every time i bring it up. me and my boyfriend were together for a year and a couple days. and mannnnn i was so happy, just how i felt around him was literally butterflies in my stomach. just being next to him made my day. we had our little fights. nothing big. until last valentine’s day. i brought him to my job before we went to the movies. my job cleans interiors of vehicles. when we got out the car, the guys that take my car to clean it we’re just shit talking. so naturally, i was talking shit back. i brought him there because i’ve been to his job a ton of times. so why can’t i show him off to my co workers? i’m always talking about how much i love him so why not? he got so pissed and started walking away from me before we went inside. he said i was being too friendly. i was like what? i work with them you know my eyes are completely on you. and he just kept saying nah, so naturally i tried hugging him. but he grabbed my wrists and pushed me back. not hard. he’s never been that mad with me before. so i called my mom. i told her i was scared. and grabbed me and pushed me. she and my dad made me leave him there and then. and my mother told me over and over again that this is going to get worse with time. we both said sorry because he should trust me and i shouldn’t have left him there. we moved on. i begged my parents to let him come around again. they were fine with it. my parents knew this made me happy. everything was fine until june. my mother got drunk and told my family members that he physically hurt me. so with everyone in my ear about leaving him. i did it. i started an argument a couple weeks ago and boom. first two weeks i’ve been fine. happy. this week has been hell. everything i do i think of him. and out of nowhere he texted me. asking if i wanted this stupid teddy bear back. i could tell he’s been stressed. i’ve been too. so we met up yesterday. and i felt like butterflies in my stomach again. just from him being next to me. he slipped the word babygirl to me. and even called me cutie a couple times. like old times. and even told me that “it doesn’t even feel like we broke up. it feels like we just needed a break.” did i hear that wrong ? was that a come back or was that just like what it feels like but it’s whatever? i feel stupid for keep thinking of that sentence. fuck. i just miss him. i tried to make them happy by getting rid of him. when i think they should’ve just been happy that i’m happy? should i fight for this?