Foster kitties!

J

I recently had a rescue got ahold of me and talked to me about a couple they were in contact with about some cats they had cooped up in their camper! They were living in a simple pull behind camper with 4 dogs and 3 adult cats. Two of the cats fell pregnant and had 20 kittens between the two! One of the dogs started to kill off the kittens 😢 it took the rescue a few days and several dead kittens later to get a surrender.. the couple kept one mamma and two babies, and they surrendered the other mamma with two of her own babies + 4 babies from the other mamma. They are all very small and full of worms. I had no choice but to give everyone a good bath upon receiving them. 4 of them are 4 weeks old and 2 are 3 weeks old. One of the 3 week old kittens had an upper respiratory infection which had killed a little mate just two nights ago at the rescue 😭 the smaller ones weighed 7oz (should be 10 oz for their age) so they were very emaciated and very very bloated with worms. The past few days have consisted of hourly feeding and pushing fluids, helping mamma (wasn’t producing much and is only 8 months old herself), deworming, constant weigh-ins, preventing the little ones eye from staying shut and treating for the infection, cleaning litter boxes... long nights. We are not out of the woods yet, but I just really want to celebrate these small victories ❤️

Progressing upper respiratory infection

The day after constant cleaning

Almost completely healed by day 3! ❤️ have been applying medication for two days

We’ve named them Tid Bit and Little Bit 💕

In a tank because Gypsy (Mamma) likes to play while nursing! This was the safest way for her to nurse 🥰 she was purring quite contently

This is an older one I’ve grown quite attached to! Her name is Boop 🥰❤️

This little boy’s name is Crawl Space since he likes to go under things and get himself in trouble 💕 (I was mid project on my spare room when I got the call! Excuse the paint mess)

This little girl is Soft Spot

The last kitten I can’t ever get a good picture of! He’s alway all over the place, so his name is Wander!

She’s a sweet little mamma ❤️