How to Clean a Pack n Play Mattress 🤔

Seraphina • ✨ FTM to my beautiful Honeybun 🤱🏽💕 💖 12.23.18 💖 Proof miracles happen 🙏🏽 👰🏽 Married to the love of my life 😍

So, I didn’t invest in the sheets that can cover the mattress part, I just learned about them haha.

I recently lowered the mattress from the top as our LO was sitting up and I didn’t feel comfortable (she now has mastered pulling herself up from laying down, crawling, and pulls herself to stand 😳).

Then the blowouts happened.

The first time, it was with daddy who was trying to help me sleep in for a change. Instead of changing her diaper first thing, he put her in the Pack n Play to use the restroom himself, and when he came out... yup. So I guess I secretly thought it was because the diaper was already loaded and had not more absorbency. Or maybe daddy’s diaper change midnight wasn’t as snug as mommy’s. I woke to the sound of him scrubbing, so I told myself at least he cleaned it up as best he could, and didn’t leave it for me when I woke up.

Then this afternoon she was playing while we ate lunch, and started protesting, then crawled to the netting to proceed to try and stand and make a point she wanted out. I had literally just changed her before setting her down to play. When my husband lifted her he goes “uh oh I think it happened again”. There was the yellow runny pool of poop. I thought it would be a pin up-the-back blowout, but instead it was the leg of the diaper. So we undressed her, I washed her clothes, daddy gave her a bath and I took the mattress pad out to scrub and clean it.

But I want to make sure it’s disinfected. I used Dawn and a sponge to lift what I could, pulling up at the material and getting the jist of it. I went over it several times and patted dry with paper towels. Then I went over it with ACV and water, just for odor removal and more importantly, an attempt to disinfect, but I can’t help but not feel satisfied, now that it’s been 2 occurrences. It’s drying outside, but idk how to deep clean it, really.

I looked online and found soaking in tub, water/vinegar/baking soda mix... another method basically what I did, taking outside and spraying with garden hose, all leaving outside to dry.

Idk why i felt like the mattress shouldn’t be soaked? I’ve tried so hard for no liquids to be with her and even during my cleaning I help the material up as much as I could from the underlying padding so it wouldn’t absorb while I cleaned,.

Sigh.

Idk what to do and I’m honestly just winging it.

Any suggestions or recommendations or experiences to share?