He wants to leave ? Please help.

My boyfriend and I been together for 6 months, and it’s rocky but it’s alright we’re getting threw it.

His hometown is far away and he moved up here like 5 years ago.

I remember this problem well some sort of thing I really don’t like. He applied to go to this training camp for equipment like 2-3 weeks ago and it’s all the way back there. the training camp is for over a couple months and he’d be living back there. Now 6 months dont expect me to pick up my things and go with him? I think that’s crazy. He never asked or said anything about it but we both know we’d be breaking up.

Earlier today he texted his mom ( she lives in his home town still) asking if she got any mail from the training camp , sense he applied. But he told me he wasn’t gunna go. We had a chat about this before and know we wouldn’t last, we have problems already. He’s clearly waiting for it to see if it comes in the mail.

I right now feel as if he isn’t serious about us if he’s waiting for something like that or even hoping. It hurts. And now idk what to say or feel sense he currently lives with me. And has for a week now. What do I do? :(