Crying tears of joy and fear and excitement all at once!

El

So my husband and I have been trying for a year. No luck. I had honestly given up hope. Well we’re closing on our first real house on Monday (we currently live in an apartment with our 6 year old son). So with that being said I went ahead and enrolled our son, Kaiden in the new school district that we’re moving to. An hour away 😅 so Kaiden and I have been getting up an hour and a half early to make sure he gets to school on time, and make sure I get to work on time. Well yesterday, Kaiden and I were in a car crash. A doctor’s two kids pulled out in front of us on the highway. Totaled my car, as you can see.

Well afterwards, my husband Joseph suggests that me and Kaiden go to the er to get checked out. I told him I was fine, if anything just wanted Kaiden to get checked out. Kaiden said he was fine and didn’t want to see any doctor. Well remember when I said were closing on our house on Monday right? I started packing up our kitchen today. Just did a couple bottom cabinets, no big deal. And my back got this sharp burning pain like where my bra strap is, most likely from the wreck. So I sat down for a few minutes and then Joseph calls. I told him what was happening and he said “I don’t care, you and the boy go to the er now. Just make sure you haven’t torn anything in your back.” So I listened. Went to the er to go get myself and Kaiden checked out. So we went back to triage and they started asking the usual questions, how much do you weigh, do you smoke, when was your last period blah blah blah. So I thought about it. And I couldn’t remember. I keep track of my periods on here religiously. So I opened up Glow and there it was, 9 days late. So I told her, June 28th. She got all the info down and took me and Kaiden back to our room. When the dr came in. He examined me and says “let’s get you a cat scan just to be safe” and he comments on the fact that my chart said I hadn’t had a period since June 28th and he wanted me to pee in a cup to be safe. So I did, and it came back positive. I never wanted to cry so much in my life! I was so excited! But then I thought about the wreck. And I got scared. And he told me that I seemed to be very early on and not to worry too much but to go ahead and schedule an ob appointment just to be safe. So I guess, my question is, should I be worried? The wreck wasn’t too serious. I’ve never miscarried. Just failed to get pregnant for a year. Obviously I’m going to follow up with an ob. But for my own peace of mind I’d like some opinions. Btw, I didn’t believe the drs at all so I went and got a little dollar test and there it is! Clear as day! There’s a whole baby in there!