The Moment You See How Scewed Up It Is

Christina • Wife 💍 Mama CJ 7/3/2016 Noah 7/1/2019💙

Today marks 6 weeks since I’ve had my baby boy I’ve had the best recovery you could ask for since having my emergency c section and he’s doing just as great. However, it hit me not once have I been paid for my maternity leave, now I was told that I didn’t work enough hours to qualify for STD I asked how haven’t I? I have worked for the same company for almost 6 years now even though I went part time and believe me I work more hours than what they say I do. Well they hit me with that because I made a switch from one hospital to another um excuse me it’s not my fault greedy a** higher ups decided to close the doors on our surgery center because they didn’t wanna fix a few things with the building, mind you it’s all the same company they own both hospitals. So I picked one of the hospitals they were our choices to stay within the system I didn’t wanna leave the system it’s one of the biggest companies they own several hospitals here in the city. They gave us a 10% pay increase our seniority didn’t change I actually bumped quit a few people who otherwise should have been before me but they weren’t. Then on top of my pay increase for staying with the hospital within the system I also go another increase for my yearly evaluation so why couldn’t I get STD? Our maternity leave here in the states is utter bull crap and needs fixed ASAP. Sorry for the rant but today just has been one of those days.