Mental Health vs. Relationships

Tricia

Just wondering if any of you all struggle with mental health and your partner not being able to relate/comprehend what your going through? It's been a struggle between my boyfriend and I because he doesn't seem to understand mental health. While I know not everyone can relate I feel people can still be kind. I don't feel like I can talk to him because he comes across very demeaning. If I'm upset about anything and cry if he thinks it's stupid he'll tell me I'm acting like a child and throwing a tantrum. Or when I try to vent to him about anything he relates my issues to first world issues and tells me how much worse things could be. While I know these things are likely true in the moment I feel like whatever is bothering me is pretty terrible so I feel like to me those comments are unsupportive and come across demeaning. These are just a couple of the communication issues we've been having. If anyone has any input on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Honestly I'm starting to feel like there isn't any hope for this relationship because I just feel so alone. We've been dating for 4 years in February and we bought a condo together after dating less than a year. 😟🤦‍♀️