My bf of 4 years

My bf and i been together for 4 years. After first two years we were together we had broken up for about a month because of issues we were both going through. Well we both moved on on our life and I met someone who I worked with. Well turns out my ex(my bf who was my ex at the time) called me a month later and told me he wanted things to work out so I immediately dropped the guy for him. Two years later we broke up again only because I was going through a really hard time and I just needed time to focus on myself but keep in mind he broke up with me. Anyways i thought we were never getting back together because of the way we left things. I got a new job started working moved out of my moms. (My bf well was my ex at the time) never took my out. I had begged him to take me anywhere and barely took me out. I know I should have I beg anyone to take me out to eat or to the movies and just to the park. I knew at the moment he just didn’t deserve me. And i moved on. I went out with friends and had fun. Well turns out one of my friends saw him at the movies with a girl. Yes I got sad. But I played it cool. Well a couple of weeks later his cousin that I am very close to told me he wanted to call me and just tell me how he feels and he missed me. So we ended up talking about our life’s.everything! I was tired of playing games and I told him I couldn’t do it anymore cause he broke me in so many ways and he told me he was gonna show me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. So we ended up back together. Well recently I bumped into that into that girl at the mall. Where my new job is and I felt mad all of a sudden. I text my bf and said guess who I just ran into. I told him who and he just said foreal. I texted him and said I told her hi which I didn’t I just wanted to see what he would say. Well he flipped out. Started saying that he was gonna text that one guy some shit (the guy who I started seeing at work when we first broke up). I got super mad because I have never thought he would get mad over me “talking” to this girl. Do you think he got mad cause he doesn’t want me finding out he did something with her? Or maybe I am just over thinking it? Btw we both lost our virginity to eachother.