Opinions Please

Carlie

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting. I would love everyone’s opinion on something. My husband and I have been married for a little over a year, and we are both 27. I had major ankle reconstruction surgery this past April, and my other foot will need it as soon as the post op one is healed enough. I have been wanting to TTC (trying to conceive) for YEARS (literally since being a teenager, I’ve wanted a baby) and we really wanted to start after a year of marriage. My question is, if it were you, would you wait until after the second surgery to TTC (trying to conceive) or no? Full disclosure, the recovery from the surgery is kinda brutal; at least 8-10 weeks non weight bearing, followed by another 6-8 weeks partial weight bearing, and full recovery isn’t expected until about 12-18 months post op. Also, my husband wants to wait to TTC (trying to conceive) until I’m at least recovering from the second surgery. I agree with him, but I can’t get having a baby out of my head, I want it so badly 😥 thanks for your opinions.