Saying good bye

je

My fiancé and I had our anatomy scan yesterday. Days leading up to it, it was all we could talk about. We were so excited that after a year and a half of trying and a early miscarriage, we would be able to see our little rainbow girl at 19 weeks.

At the appointment we were shocked to find out the neuro tube never closed forcing fluid to push against the skull making it impossible for brain development.

It’s a miracle she made it this far but from the scans it’s evident that her only brain functions are primal. Meaning heart beat and breathing. She would never feel, think, or anything.

We were given 2 options; terminate the pregnancy or carry the rest of the pregnancy knowing the baby would probably be stillborn, and if she did survive birth, would only live minutes to days max. This has been the hardest decision we have ever had to make. Not in a million years did we think this would happen.

It’s been really nice following along with all of you. I hope you all have a safe and healthy rest of pregnancy, and hold your babies a little closer when they’re here.

Good bye Jan 2020 Group