Man at the restaurant

Hi ladies... I’m not ready to show my face so I posted anonymously. Long story short. Married 5 + years, husband is 12 years younger, 5month old, went through a rocky road the first 4 1/2 years (lies, bitches, cheating, strip clubs, his mother, his sister, etc. he was a monster) things have calmed down since we welcomed our daughter into this world... not perfect but I now have the power to say what’s on my mind and if he doesn’t like it then he has two choices shut up and listen or pack his shit.

On to my story... we went out to a steakhouse for diner the other night. I’m sitting in the lounge/bar area waiting for our waiter to come get us and a man sat next to me (I didn’t notice he was next to me) and he leans over to ask me how old my daughter was and I told him (my husband was using the restroom) I immediately Engage in a conversation with this man. all while my husband was in the restroom, and to be honest I didn’t give two fucks if it offended him! My husband walks up while this man is telling me how much he misses his 7 month daughter... my point to this story is I felt so good talking to this man. We were not flirting or eyeing each other. It was purely a nice conversation that most likely would have escalated further if my husband was not there. I wouldn’t say we would gotten a room but you can definitely tell he was engaged in our short convo. I’m a very social person and I talk to anyone and everyone when I’m out in about ... he was just someone who caught my attention. He wasn’t as handsome as my husband (looks to me are not what attracts me) but very well put together nerd lol I’m questioning myself further about the feelings I had just based off that convo (no feelings for that man) the feeling was that this man listened, engaged, he was soft spoken, articulate, he made me feel like I was the only person in the restaurant, his eyes were honest, his smile was sweet & caring, and he loved his daughter. A light bulb 💡 went off, that’s what I’m missing from my marriage. I’m so use to short conversation or disengage ones because I’m so angry with him. I’m choosing to be in this marriage and he’s choosing to change, so we both need to put work in...

Thanks for reading and listening! I’m just ranting lol