Baby Teagan is here!

Joanna

So my due date was today (August 21st) and I started having contractions yesterday morning. Not strong ones but mild ones. I had an appointment with the midwife at 1145am so I went to my appointment and I was checked to see if I started dilating and I wasn't dilated at all. My cervix soft and still high. So I left the appointment to run some errands and walk a bit. Fast forward to 5 hours later and the contractions are coming harder. I was timing them and they were back to back and finally after about an hour of strong contractions I told my husband we needed to head to the hospital. We get about 15 minutes from our house and I'm having intense powerful contractions and I told my husband we weren't gonna make it to the hospital. He was driving and on the phone with emergency services and we got stopped at a light. Once we stopped I had another powerful contraction and I hurried up to take my shorts off and my daughter slid right out! I didn't even push! She was born still inside the sac so I had to tear it so she could take her first breath.

So I gave birth in the front seat of the car about 10 minutes away from the hospital. Thank goodness both my daughter and I are fine and getting rest at the hospital. Definitely wasn't the way I was planning on giving birth but now we have a great story to tell!