Could I be pregnant again?!

Vanessa • Navy wife and mom to an angel in heaven, and three beautiful girls on earth! Trying to navigate quarantine life, running a small business, and having a toddler and a small baby’s at the same time while the oldest does virtual school. Oh what a world we li

I don’t know the best group to post in so I’m posting here. My oldest is 5, I had a miscarriage 6 months before she was conceived, and we have an almost 7 month old now as well. I have an appointment for end of September (was supposed to be earlier this month but rescheduled because the doctor was busy) and I planned to get an IUD put back in most likely.

My first pp period showed up a little over a month ago, and I wasn’t sure if it would go back to being regular or not. I had cramping on 7/28 and thought maybe it was my ovulation cramping I ALWAYS had every cycle, and expected a short cycle. That wasn’t the case. The app predicted, based off my old cycles, that I would have a 28 day cycle and should have ovulated on 8/2, which I highlighted in green. I didn’t have cramps but thought, oh well that’s fine it’s only the second cycle.

Well then we had sex on 8/14 and he pulled out, but I guess he had masturbated the night before so there could have been some live sperm still, but I wasn’t too concerned because my period was supposed to start soon. We had sex again the next night, he pulled out the first time, but the second/third time he did not...well I had cramps earlier that day which I thought could have been ovulation but he didn’t listen to that and got caught up in the moment. Oh well, we are adults it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Well with those cramps, if they were ovulation, my period wouldn’t have been due until 8/29 or so. On 8/21 late at night I started spotting which I thought was odd because of the timing of cramps but I brushed it off, assuming it was the very beginning of my period and it would pick up. I’ve been spotting on and off since then, brown and pink, but mostly brown, and not enough to even fill a pad in 12 hours. I’ve only been changing them to keep track with what is new and what happened in that time frame.

Has anyone experienced this? Could it be implantation bleeding? I had it with my first pregnancy but assumed it was a period and brushed it off and didn’t find out until 7 weeks and then I was starting to miscarry anyways.

If anyone did experience implantation bleeding, how long after it STARTED did you test and get a positive? Wondering how long I need to wait.