How would you handle?

I work at a school. There is a new little girl there this year that calls me by my first name. I really hate it because

1. I don’t know this child,

2. I don’t really want all the other kids knowing my first name,

3. It seems disrespectful. Kids I know from church and even my own sister-in-law who is a student there calls me Mrs. _______.

4. She’s not quiet about it. She will literally yell my name until I acknowledge her.

I definitely want it to stop happening, but I’m not sure how to approach it. I hate confrontation which is part of the reason I haven’t done anything so far. I also don’t want it to be a spectacle. I haven’t had an opportunity to speak with her without her whole class around. I also don’t want it to seem like I’m demanding that she respect me.

Should I just wait until she comes into the library (where I work) and say something when she calls me by my first name? Should I speak with her teacher who brings her to the library? Her homeroom teacher? Someone else?

I’m so bad at this!

-Side note: I think how she even knows my first name is because one time like 2 years ago I ran into her and her grandparents at the grocery store. Her grandma knows me and talked to me. I don’t have a close enough relationship with her though to feel okay with talking to her about it.

Edited to add: she is a 5th grader, so 10-11 years old.

To those saying I’m ridiculous: Yes, typically I introduce myself to people by my first name, but when I introduce myself to a student, which she is, I use my last name. All staff at the school do. No one there is called by their first name.

Added info for some of the comments:

I’m not sure if there is a written policy about how to address teachers or not, but even if there isn’t she is the only one who does it, and I don’t even know her. If it were a child I’d known for a long time I could kind of understand. Literally never officially met this child. Even the teachers mostly call each other by last names, especially in the presence of students.

My SIL is a student because that’s what age she is...There is a 13 year age gap between her and my husband...

To whoever said it sounds like your cousin: this little girl’s name starts with an A too 😂. Is your cousin in Texas?