Cyst while Pregnant

Mi

I’ve had a cyst on my left ovary for a number of months now, which they suspect to be from endometriosis. I’m now 9 weeks 2 days pregnant, and it’s beginning to bother me again. It causes a lot of uncomfortable bloating and tightness on my left side. I can’t sleep comfortably or eat without feeling sick from all the extra trapped gas and bloating.

My obgyn says we’ll keep an eye on it basically, and if it causes any issues or keeps growing, then she would want to remove it during my second trimester, by 20 weeks basically. It would be laparoscopic surgery, so I’d be put under and have to stay for a day or two in the hospital afterward.

It really scares me because there is a small risk of miscarriage doing a surgery like that during pregnancy, even though it’s not common. I’m debating whether it’s worth the small risk at 20 weeks, or if I just want to get rid of this pain and discomfort. If I don’t remove it, there’s always risk of rupturing or ovary torsion (basically losing an ovary), but the torsion isn’t so common either.

I just don’t know what to do. I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t.

Has anyone experienced this? Have you gone through the surgery? What was the result? Did the cyst cooperate through the whole pregnancy?