What is this on my baby?!

First let me start off by saying my son does have an appointment with his pediatrician scheduled but they can’t see him for another two days! I just wanted to see if any of you have had any experience with this at all and could possibly offer some insight. I am a wreck trying to figure out what this could possibly be.

My son is 18 months old. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed what looked like a few small bruises on my sons stomach. At first, I thought he was kind of sub-consciously pinching himself. Sometimes when I’m holding him and he has his hand wrapped around my shoulder he’ll just pinch my shoulder without really realizing he’s doing it so I thought he was doing that to himself every now and then too. I calmly talked to him about pinching and that it causes boo boos if we pinch ourselves and I have been keeping an eye out to see if I could catch him in the act, but I never caught him pinching himself.

Several days later I started noticing he had more of these spots but smaller. They aren’t bumpy or swollen or anything, it’s completely under the skin. It looks like, as I said, little bruises or like popped blood vessels. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all. It was at this point that I grew concerned and kept a close eye on it. I scheduled the appointment with his pediatrician and they couldn’t see him for a while because they were so booked.

Now two weeks after the first one appeared they are all over his stomach and a few on his back, no where else. The original ones that first appeared are still there and have barely faded at all, there are just more.

I am so worried that something is wrong with my baby. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain whatsoever, they don’t seem to be itchy or irritating to him in any way. I’m just worried because it doesn’t look like a typical rash at all. It doesn’t look like an allergy, heat rash, skin irritation, hives or anything like that. I am 1000% certain there is NO abuse going on at all. He is in a very loving home and I am with him literally 24/7 I would never let anyone lay a hand on my baby.

I am so scared. Have any of you had any similar experience?!?

Here’s a picture when the smaller ones started to appear:

Then a few days later:

And this was earlier today: