Any prison spouses out there?

How do you deal with the loneliness of not having them by your side physically? When you need them to talk to for support or just to talk and all you can do is wait for them to call YOU. Whenever that may be..How do you do it? I have a great friend serving a long time in prison, we grew up together, then he got into trouble after high school (he is 28 now) This is his 1st time in prison but he had 2 DUI's and assault charges from when he was on drugs which is why he got so much time for something that was accidental. He's been sober for 5 years. Does all his NA classes, does school in there and will have his Master degree in buisness when he gets out. Regardless the circumstance we fell in love when we reconnected and really feel we are meant for eachother, but I have told him I don't want to get married to him while hes in prison. He won't get out for at least 5 more years, could be sooner with some laws changing. But still that's a long time. I love him but I also think logically about the situation. My friends tell me not to put my life on hold. I'm a pretty independent woman but sometimes I just long for him to be here with me the second I need him. I don't know if I have the strength to live without him for 5 more years

He's truly amazing. I was in a 5 year relationship a couple years ago, then dated multiple guys and none compare to him. It's just this huge hurdle in between us 😥 He wants the best for me so always tells me if we need to stop talking he would respect that but if of course he wishes I would just marry him now.