I’m a closet stoner

I’d like to start by saying that I live in Ontario where recreational cannabis is now legalized. I first started occasionally smoking weed 3 years ago at university parties. I fell in love with the feeling and became a wake and bake stoner for a while. A year and a half ago, my wife and I moved back into her conservative parents house, and I made a compromise with her to only smoke 5 days a week at the most, so that I don’t fall back into the routine of regularly smoking, and so that her parents don’t find out. I’ve almost been caught a few times, but so far they have no idea that at night I’ll rip a few bong tokes and sploof it out the window. I want to tell them that I’m a recreational stoner, but my wife won’t let me. They have a lot of misconceptions about weed, and so my wife won’t let me tell them that I secretly smoke before cleaning, doing yard work, or before going to bed because she’s scared of how they’ll take it. I get paranoid every time i smoke that they’ll smell it and the secret will be out. Recently, I’ve convinced them to start taking CBD oil to help with their back pain and arthritis, and they love it. I’ve told them that I like the feeling of THC, and that I ordered an edible. I just want to tell them that I smoke so that I don’t have to walk on eggshells anymore, it’s driving me crazy that I can’t reveal this part of my identity to them