Baby Shower & Family Stress

K

Just had my baby shower yesterday, I did all the work - the cooking, decorating cleaning, etc. Literally did it all mostly because no one from my side of the family could be bothered to come or even call, not even siblings or parents (I do live in a different state though, so 🤷🏻‍♀️).

In our family, every one usually gets together to pitch in for someone's baby shower, I've taken part in every single one since before I moved away, even as a little kid. So I guess it was a bit stressful because it was just all on me and everyone just kinda forgot about me.

Theres so much more too that's been happening that would be too much to explain here - but to summarize, I'm kinda happy that my mother and sister didn't come, because they, a long with my brothers and father, had the worst reaction to my pregnancy and I really just don't want them around. They keep asking for pictures and in my head I keep thinking "you were talking crap about my unborn child before she was conceived and after and originally wanted no part in our lives, what are you trying to pull."

There's just so much and I'm tired, but I truly can't wait until it's my husband, my baby, and myself and we can just focus on our little family.