I could actually cry 😭

Chesh • Mummy to Theodore and Daniel

So, today has been awful. I've not been well. I've had a migraine so bad I've felt like I'm going to throw up. Add in an excitable 4 year old, and a 5 month old finding his voice and it's a recipe for disaster.

But my partner has been absolutely amazing. Usually we split things pretty evenly when he's home, but today he has done pretty much everything. He has made most of the bottles. He has done most of the nappy changes. He has cuddled our youngest so he's been quieter for me. He cooked lunch. He made dinner. He has kept the boys quiet. He's played with our 4 year old. Yes, they're all things he's supposed to do as a Dad, but usually I do more when he's home so NEITHER of us are tired or run down. Instead, he made sure I had a cold drink of water and sent me to bed, and even offered to take tomorrow off work. Leaving him to deal with both boys on his own. It's now coming up to bed time for the boys, and I'm feeling much better.

I honestly don't think I could do this without him. He works long hours, but he's still makes sure he has time for all of us. I know the boys frustrate him to no end, but he doesn't let that stop him caring for us. Even when he gets annoyed with them, he doesn't let them see it. I am so incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful partner, and our boys are so lucky to have such an amazing Daddy.