Am I Allowed to Be Mad? MONEY AND RELATIONSHIPS

I’m 18, my boyfriend is 19. We’ve been dating 2 and a half years.

Now you’re probably thinking, where does money become an issue with two teenagers 😂 GIRL I wish it wasn’t!!!!!!!

I’m not sure if I actually have a right to be a little off about this so I really need advice

During our 2 and a half years, my boyfriend has never bought me anything unless it was birthday and Christmas which is totally fine. He never had a job and his parents gave him little money.

Now, I work. And when I say I spoil this boy I MEAN it. I will buy him lunches, dinners, presents. Last weekend I didn’t drink and spent $40 on drinks for him, bought him a $20 lunch etc.

Yes, I don’t have to do any of this. But it’s my money, and I love him and want to treat my man.

He’s just gotten a job, and it pays really well. $25 an hour, so this week he’s getting a pay check of around $1000.

I get paid $18 an hour, and work only 8 hours a week........and I’m spending a big portion of that on him.

As a joke I was like “hey you can be my sugar daddy now haha”

He straight up was like “no, that’s my money”

Yes. It is his money, and he worked hard for it. JUST LIKE I DID. But I really wouldn’t mind him treating me to something nice every now and again like I have him

Regardless, it’ll be nice to finally split things halves with him and not have to spend all my money on him...but just kind of hurts that he doesn’t feel the same way as I do :/