My birth story! Baby born at 34 Weeks!

Red

I’ve been struggling with High blood pressure since 28 weeks and I was diagnosed with Preeclampsia, my doctor decided I should be induced at 37 weeks (oct 4). I spent a whole week in the hospital to be monitored for my BP (I was supposed to stay until inducement day) and then my doctor decided to discharge me since my BP was very stable throughout that whole week, I spent 3 days at home and went back for my NST and to make sure BP was still stable.

When I got to the hospital my BP was through the roof 170/110 and it was not going down, i was exactly 34 weeks, so my doctor decided the baby needed to come out ASAP. The inducement process starts (9/13 @ 6pm), my cervix was completely closed so I get a foley bulb and in two hours that took me to 4CM, we thought everything was going to progress fairly quick due to how fast I dilated with the foley, so I got the epidural as I was starting to get little contractions, I wanted to get ahead of the pain thinking it was all going to be quick. By 2am I’m getting the epidural and I also got started on Pitocin, everything is great for a few hours and then it stops working and I’m getting stronger contractions but still at 4cm, by noon of 9/14 I had to get my epidural re done, and still no progress dilating, in the afternoon I dilated to a 5, my contractions where fairly strong and I felt it mostly in my back which was killing me and I was asking for more drugs because the epidural was not working for me, my doctor sent in an anesthesiologist to check why my pain was not going away and turns out they had gone too far in with the epidural and it was hitting a nerve causing me a lot of pain, after they fixed it once again it numbed my entire body for two hours and then the contractions really kicked in, once they check me again I’m at 7/8 cm dilated so my doctor says she’s going home because she thinks it’s still going to be a while, well less than an hour passed and I was ready to push, the contractions where off the chart and the feeling of pushing just came over me and I couldn’t hold it back, I had to wait around 30mins for her to get to the hospital and as soon as she came in I started pushing, 5/6 pushes later and out came my little preemie at 11:01pm on 9/14 weighing 4lbs 13 oz and measuring 18in long, I had to get one stitch as I tore a little, but it was not painful at all, you’re just caught up in seeing your little one.

The baby is still currently in the NICU as he had some difficulty breathing and still needs to mature a little more. Since I had high BP they had me on magnesium and that meant I couldn’t get up from bed for 24hrs after birth so I wasn’t able to be with my son for that entire time, but

the entire birth experience was amazing and I would do it all over again, and I’m thankful I didn’t need a c section and no further complications happened, I’m thankful for my amazing husband who was by my side through everything.

He is 6 days old, and I love him more than anything in this world