How to Communicate with my BF

Lia

My bf who was before only my best friend for a few years until things kindled together and has made me as happy as ever; is now causing me some difficulties to speak to him openly like I used to. Before there was no pressure and I knew I wouldn’t deceive and I had nothing to lose but a friend... but with some of my ex’s I learned that talking in my relationship can cause havoc and make it all turn to sh*t.... I think it left me with a bad aftertaste about how to approach subjects now with my bf (like the one currrently in my mind about “what will happen to us next year when he finishes uni? His plans seemed to have changed and it’s like I am feeling unacknowledged in them”) What can I do? I work hard on my mood and controlling my emotions because I struggled with depression and anxiety etc. I have worked hard to trying to say no more and speaking my mind. However with him it seems hard suddenly I find myself to feeling almost scared, scared of what will happen if I speak or what if he thinks I’m crazy or we’re not on the same path? Or he leaves me and I lose him(things I dont want...because I think people spend lifetimes searching for what we have and I consider myself so luck-also reason why I think to myself don’t sweat the talk you don’t even need it it’s in your head he loves you so much....) it’s so hard. Please help!