Huge surprise!

Ra

On September 26 I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy under anesthesia to rule out IBD. The results found everything was good except some stomach ulcers. My period was due that day but I figured it may be a day or two late from the prep and not eating and just the general stress of it all, but I’m also pretty irregular anyway so I wasn’t worried. In fact a couple cycles before I was 8 days late and wasn’t pregnant. It didn’t cross my mind I could be pregnant. We’d only had sex twice the whole month and he pulled out. I know that’s not the best form of birth control but it worked great for us after we had our son. If we were really worried about getting pregnant we’d have been more careful. 🤷‍♀️

I woke up at 4 am on September 27 and figured I should take a test, just since I hadn’t in a while. I was sure it would be negative - I’d even told the nurse before my scope I was sure I wasn’t pregnant and she didn’t make me do a test (this tells me that the procedure isn’t all that harmful to a potential fetus if they don’t make you do a test before).

So I grab one of my cheapies I keep on hand to use whenever my cycle is off and set it on the counter after dipping it in pee. Even when I’m not trying, seeing a negative always sucks so I went to the other end of the bathroom and played a phone game to keep myself busy. Eventually I stood up and looked at the most blazing positive test I’d ever seen.

😱

😱

My husband was working night shift so I called him at like 4:30 am. The conversation is as follows:

“Hello?”

“I’M PREGNANT”

“Whaaaaaat?!”

“I’m pregnant. Oh my gosh. I’m pregnant?”

🤣

We were a little worried at first due to the anesthesia but a chat with some friends of mine who are nurses/doctors/nurse practitioners reassured me it’s pretty early for it to affect anything and said my super strong positive is reassuring. 🥰

It’s a surprise but we’re so happy. We were going to start trying next month if my scope came back good, which it did! The best part is that now that I’m pregnant my bowel issues have pretty much disappeared so that confirms what my doctors thought about it probably being my endometriosis acting up. I fully expect some scar tissue pain but hopefully the different hormones from pregnancy will give me a bit of a break from the diarrhea. 💩

If my calculations are right I’m about 4+3 today and due June 4 2020. My first pregnancy I had him at 39+5 so my guess is I’ll have this baby around May 30-June 1. 🤱🏼

I figured I had another week or two before the symptoms got me but yesterday I had some nausea and a wicked hormone headache so I guess my body just remembers what to do. 🙃