I know something's brewing UPDATE ***

It's like I just can't have peace for too long. Something has to come up and fuck up my good spirits. Smh

My husband's grandmother died a couple weeks ago in her home in Georgia. My husband, his father and sister went to be with their family for the weekend. There was a viewing and a repast for the GA family, while grandma was scheduled to be buried in the family plot in NY the following week.

One of my husband's ex is apparently intertwined with the family and she ended up catering the repast. I learned of this a few days after he came home. Now, my issue isn't with her catering the event, in fact I couldn't care less how close she is with his family, that has never posed an issue for us... until now.

Here's how I found out he saw her... she called while we were in the car together and he answered like this..."hey wassup, I'm in the car with my wife driving around ". That immediately raised my brow. Like who opens a conversation like that? My guess is someone who wants to make sure the other person doesn't say anything crazy. She started talking about unnecessary things, such as she thought he'd be sleeping and just nonsense, then she hung up. I knew off the bat that she had something to say and just couldn't because I was around. He then went on to say "I told you I saw her in GA right?, she catered the repast". I said I didn't know, he didn't say and it doesn't really matter... whatever. He immediately starts defending himself, saying nothing happened, her and his uncles are just close and he didn't expect to see her and he was so caught up with his family he barely noticed. At this point I didn't say shit, so idk why he felt the need to explain himself.

Fast forward to this evening. We're watching tv and relaxing in bed after a long day of work for me. She called and he answered.."hey, me and Jay just laying here watching tv, while I relax for work tonight". Again, why answer by letting her know I'm around? I asked "who is that?" I mean he said my name so I wanna know who he's talking to.

He didn't answer, just continued to listen to whatever she's saying over the phone. He hung up and said "idk what's going on with her but she needs my help... she's asking for money to pay her rent". Of course I said fucking no but knowing my husband, he'd do whatever he wants to do.

Call me crazy but after not speaking to her for months (I assume), he runs into her in GA at his grandmother's wake and now in a few short days she's calling him every day and now asking for money...hm. Something's brewing, I can sense the bullshit in the air but it's whatever. I'm just gonna sit back and watch it unfold, but I hope they both know I'm nobody's fool.

EDIT*** I'm honestly not thinking cheating, never crossed my mind. I mean we live over 12hrs away and he only visited his family for one weekend and his father and sister was with him. I just don't understand why he feels the need to let her know I'm around, even when he's not on speakerphone. What are they talking about that needs to be put on pause when I'm within earshot?

UPDATE ** I tried talking to him about the situation and instead of seeing it my way, he goes "why does she bother you so much" as though I'm just hating on her or something. I told him that him not seeing the issue is what bothers me and I cursed his ass dafuk out. He didn't say anything, just sat there quietly. I went back to work, came home and he's going on as normal, like the conversation never happened.