Two CIO questions

Lindsay

I know many of you have sleep trained and I'm pretty sure any method will try will end up being CIO. I was considering it because he's always slept like garbage and I'm really tired but haven't committed. I have two questions now, though, because he was with my mom last night to go to sleep and ended up crying hard for about ten minutes (he normally doesn't cry to go to sleep but doesn't put himself to sleep either).

1) After crying that hard for a relatively short period of time, he produced a lot of snot and could barely breathe the rest of the night. And it's still not great today. Was this an issue with your babies? I have a very long history of sinus infections due to built up mucus so am more aware.

2) He also pooped at 2am last night. He hasn't done that in a long time but now I know it's not outside the realm of possibility. For those of you that let them put themselves back to sleep in the middle of the night, what happens if they poop? I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been with him and he certainly doesn't have a different "poop cry." He could care less most of the time but don't want him sitting in it for hours.

I'm hoping the poop thing doesn't become a trend because he was up for an hour after changing him, but the snot thing is pretty concerning for me.