Strange cycle

Monique

CW: bleeding, miscarriage

Just looking for some insights. My wife and I are currently trying for our first child together. We are doing ICI (intracervical insemination). We have been tracking and have a pretty good feel of when ovulation is looking possible and my cycles are VERY normal- down to same amount of days and predictable flow.

On September 25, we tried. A few days after (3 days I’d say), I had a weird crampy/twingy pain in my lower right side. I didn’t think anything of it (even thought/hoped for implantation). It kept coming and going but never too terrible. Around the two week mark we were waiting to take a pregnancy test. I took one Sunday (the 6th) and it was negative. It was still before AF was due so to spare ourselves stress, we said we wouldn’t test again until after AF was supposed to show.

Tuesday the 8th was one of the three AF dates (Tues-Thursday was the window all my apps were telling me). Didn’t show.. we waited it out. Thursday I started bleeding in the morning. Very light, spotting almost. Normal for me when I start. Then, the day went on and it was HEAVY. And the pain I had been feeling was horrendous. I doubled over at one point at work. Throughout the day I would change my tampon and it would almost have leaked through and Thursday was a LOT of clotting. Friday, same story: heavy, pain in that side, feel like garbage, and clotting. This in itself is abnormal for me but then Saturday morning comes and- nothing. I didn’t even have to wear anything- only slight “spotting” (FAINT pink when wiping). My normal cycle is solid 4 days and the 5th day, I can wear a liner. The pain in that side is still present, however. Not feeling the greatest..

Thanks for making it this long but basically- I have no idea what to think about this. It’s not a normal “cycle” for me at all in the 18 years I’ve had my period, and just paired with the fact that we are trying and these other symptoms... I’m clueless. Any ideas? My wife and I took to google (horrible idea but hey, we’re human lol) and anything from

Miscarriage to ectopic to appendicitis is popping up..?🤷🏻‍♀️ lol Any guesses would be appreciated. Thanks, all!