FTM rant

Ma

Just wanted to rant a little since there isn’t really anyone close to me to talk to about this. I had my baby boy 4 weeks ago. Best thing that has seriously ever happened. My husband was very helpful and supportive throughout the entire pregnancy. It’s like a switch automatically turned off once he went back to work. He gets home and plays on his PlayStation. When I ask him for help with the baby he says he’s tired and wants to sleep. The other day I told him to hold the baby while I washed the dishes. You know FTM also need at least a 10 minute distraction from being home alone with a baby all day. He told me he would wash the dishes. I got up and started washing them. I figured I would finish them before him anyways and that way he could hold our son for a few. After I finished washing the dishes he told me “why did you take time off from work then. You never want to take care of home. I get home from work and you want me to care for him. You should have just hired a babysitter and started working as soon as you got released from the hospital”. The next day he left for work and didn’t say bye. Eventually throughout the day he apologized and said he felt horrible for what he said. The thing is it still gets to me and even though I know I’ve been doing everything I can to care for my baby the words still hurt. Being a mom is hard. Our bodies go through so much pain. We stop caring for ourselves to take care of our little ones and we still try to keep up with house work.