Financial problems in relationship

My bf recently got back from National Guard training and when we first started hanging out again, he was being very stingy with his money. I figured he was trying to be money smart and earn since he’ll start college with me soon (even though he’s getting everything paid for by the military). But anyway, he goes back home & then starts going out with his friends. He’s going out to eat for breakfast & dinner and going to the mall spending money on brand clothes. Then he was making plans with his friends about going to haunted houses and whatnot. Now here’s the thing. I have no right to be upset because it’s his money. He can do wtv he wants with it, especially if I’m not paying or chipping in on our dates because I’m currently in school and also training w Army from 5 AM up to almost 6:30 PM, then we have evening study time & curfew (it’s a military school). What bothers me is that he cares about how much he spends with me but he spends like crazy when he’s alone or with friends. When I was working and he wasn’t in the army yet, I paid for everything. He’d plan dates, we’d go and I’d pay for everything no matter how much we spent. I feel like it’s a bit unfair tbh