Why does everyone want to scare pregnant women??

Jessie • Housewife, animal mom of 3, Sylvia❤️ 👶🏻 3/30/2020

So, I know the chances of listeria are slim, but my doctor scared me with the “what if” scenario. I decided to try to ignore my CONSTANT cravings for a cold roast beef sub since July, and focus on different ones. The desire for cold cut sandwiches is ever present. I bought cold cut ham for grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, but, my husband was a dork last night and left leftovers out all night, so I had to make him cold ham and cheese sandwiches to take to work.

Can you just FEEL the temptations?

After he left for work, I was ravenous and remembered what my OB advised, “you can just pop the meat into the microwave until it’s steaming and you should be fine.”

So that’s what I did.

It was just as unappetizing as I thought it would be. Warm meat on cold mayo is just blech to me.

Then, I told my husband what I did.

He. Went. Off.

“I bet you didn’t do it right! You should COOK the meat! If you microwaved raw chicken, would you only wait until it’s just steaming?”

Me: “Salmonella and listeria are two different things, and the cold cuts are already cooked so.....???”

Of course, now I am worried.

Of course, if I google anything nowadays, EVERYTHING is dangerous to me. My OB told me teas with hibiscus are fine, while on google, it’s a no no!

I have read about women eating cold subs throughout their pregnancy and having healthy babies.

I have also seen you can get listeria from fruit.

This is bad for you!

Actually, no!

This will hurt baby!

My baby was fine!!

Why can’t I just relax and go with my gut or intuition?

I’m already worried about my baby due to having ate a cold sandwich at a party because it was the only thing available to eat other than just sweets and chips. And it was before my OB appointment where she scared me with “what if’s.”

I know worrying isn’t good, but I can’t help it sometimes, this is my first baby, and I don’t want to lose him/her because of a sandwich.

Update, kinda: I have joked with my family saying that as soon as this baby is out of me, I want a sub party in my hospital room.

I am actually dead serious.

I am going to grab my husband by the shirt collar and tell him: “whole wheat, roast beef, provolone cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, and squirt of sub sauce. Don’t come back without it.”

Will that actually happen, who knows? Lol