Communication now days🤦🏼‍♀️

I was suppose to get a kitten. The lady that rescued them told me she wanted us to have one. I spent two days messaging back n forth and picking out the potential little guy. I told her Friday I could come get him. Friday came, and my grandpa landed in the hospital so I was there all day. I told her I couldn’t make it but please hold off until tomorrow. She said ok. Saturday comes and I had to work until noon then planned to pick up the kitten after. I stopped home to shower and grab the pet carrier. As I was talking about picking him up my husband said the lady posted on Facebook that all the kittens were adopted. I was confused thinking maybe she accounted for us having one. I message her and she said no they all have been taken. I was sorta ticked off. I planned on getting him but life happens. I was picking out a name and getting my house situated for another pet. I don’t understand why someone would do that- say you can have an animal and then give him to someone else. I’m sorta sad over it😭 Just venting...