Depression

I recently found out I have a terminal illness that will give me another good 10 or so years of healthy living

I was diagnosed with my illness about 5 months ago. Around that time I met a wonderful man 💕 He’s supportive, he’s smart, he’s kind, he’s reliable, he’s strong... but most of all he loves me unconditionally even knowing my situation. I am very proud to call him my partner.

For the first few months I was so happy I had found someone amazing to live the rest of my years with. I am now feeling extremely depressed. This feeling has been eating away at me for weeks now.

I’m torn. I know he wants to have a family and kids, which Is what I want as well but I don’t have that option due to my Illness. I want him to have everything he dreams of and more. He’s never once made any inclination that he’s wanted to leave me because of my illness. He says he wants to be with me through the end. I have this feeling, is it wrong for me to want to leave him? Wanting to sacrifice my own happiness with him so he can fulfill his dreams with someone else? I love him so much and I want everything with him. I’m afraid my depression is getting the best of me lately and I’m starting to pull away. I just want to be happy and most of all I want him to be happy.