The right to be a little offended?

Amanda

Hey y’all,

Let me start off first by saying I, in no way am trying to sound like a brat or greedy. I’m always a giver and rarely a taker and I think being pregnant right now is just making me a little hormonal (of course). Well, my husband and I are pregnant with baby girl number 2 and we’re talking about doing a baby sprinkle (basically a diaper party), they’re VERY common over here. Not one of my friends or family have offered to help with it. My sister in law had another baby last year and everyone banded together to throw her a baby sprinkle, me, included. I was one of the first people to offer to help. Well neither she nor my MIL have offered or even brought it up. My own mother is telling me she’ll be out of town for a lot of the days I offered. At this point, I’m a little offended. Again, not saying we NEED a sprinkle but to not even offer to help out with one makes me a little sad. We’re not asking for a lot at all, just diapers and wipes basically. Now after going back and reading this I’m thinking, do I sound crazy?

Would y’all be a little offended as well?