One Night Stand pt.23

If Summer let Serena walk out, she would’ve never forgiven herself. She took the rest of the day off since she only had an hour left of work. She agreed to have a cup of coffee with Serena at their local Starbucks. Serena felt more at ease now that Summer agreed to sit & chat with her. Serena explained to Summer that their mother, Miranda got pregnant with her during a one night stand with Miranda’s ex high school boyfriend, Todd Langston, Serena’s father. Miranda came across Todd at work & they agreed to have dinner together & dinner turned into a scandalous one night stand. Summer was 3 at the time. So when Summer was 4, Serena was born. Miranda hid this well since Samuel, Summer’s father was away on deployment & Summer was far too young to remember her mother being pregnant. Todd, Serena’s father tried raising Serena by himself with the help of his parents, Serena’s grandparents, but he couldn’t do it. Miranda left Summer for Serena when Summer was 8.

Serena: I know that was a lot, but please say something.

Summer: Well, 2 hours ago I found out I had a sister. And about 30 minutes ago, I finally found out why my mom left me.

Serena sighed & put her hand on Summer’s hand.

Summer: Don’t tough me.

Serena pulled her hand away from Summer.

Summer: Yeah, I’m leaving.

Summer throws a $10 on the table.

Summer: That should cover it.

Summer stands up & is about to walk away from the table.

Serena: Summer... wait.

Summer turns around.

Serena: There’s more. But you’re going to want to hear this.

Summer: At this point, I don’t know if I’ld be able to take any more.

Serena: I’ll buy you pastry if you stay.

Summer: I don’t need a stupid pastry.

Summer sits back down.

Serena: You & your dad didn’t know, but mom had cancer. And she found this out a few years after she gave birth to me that she’d only have 5 years max to live. She wanted to keep both of us separate. She didn’t want me to know about you & she didn’t want you to know about me. In her diary she wrote that she gave her first daughter 8 years & she thought her second daughter deserved the same.

Summer stayed quiet with an angry look on her face. Serena looked worried & was afraid of what would happen next.

Serena: I’m sorry you had to hear all this from me. And I’m sorry we had to meet like this. I’m just sorry.

Summer: There aren’t enough “sorrys” in the world that could bring back my mom.

Serena: She was my mom too.

Summer felt horrible, but then she realized Serena was sort of in the same boat as she was. A part of her hated Serena & another part wanted to comfort her.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Thinking about moving my stories to wattpad from now on. Thank you to those who’ve recommended it to me... 😊