When the doctor is wrong. Bfp, bfn, bfp.

Melinda • Girl mom ages 13 & 2! Expecting baby #3, a BOY in July 2020! ❤️❤️❤️

This is a little long, but I promise worth the read! Trust your instincts!

Last Saturday I got my first very faint positive, Sunday they were stronger, and by Monday morning even stronger still. I made an appointment and was able to get in that afternoon with a internal medicine doctor I had never seen before.

I took a urine test and anxiously waited for the doctor to come in. This would be my third pregnancy, but it was just as nerve racking as ever.

She walks in the door and says, the test was negative. You're having a chemical/early miscarriage, you'll probably start cramping and bleeding in the next couple of days. I tried to explain to her I had just had a positive test hours before, and how I was 11dpo, and was only able to hold my urine for 45 minutes and had drank a lot of water that morning. She told me it didn't matter, if it was there, it would have been there. I. Was. Devastated. She told me it was early and not worth a blood test, I pushed and said I wanted to do it anyway. I went to have my blood draw, barely holding back the tears. By the time I got to the parking lot I just fully lost it. Instead of calling my husband with a due date, I called him to tell him that the baby we wanted so badly, wouldn't be coming.

Fast forward a few hours of crying, numbness, and trying to tell ourselves it wasn't meant to be, I decided to take a pregnancy test. Within minutes, I had a positive test. How could this be? At midnight that night my blood test came through. My hcg was at a 38, not incredibly high, but certainly pregnant. Spoke to my obgyn Tuesday, she suggested I come in for another hcg test on Thursday to see if my levels were raising or if the doctor was correct.

Today I went in, I just got the results back minutes ago. My hcg is at 131! Almost triple in just 68 hours.

Ladies, trust your instincts and advocate for yourself. If you want a blood test, push for it. Always remember that the doctor works for you, not the other way around. I'm currently 4 weeks pregnant, and finally, beyond excited. I want to send all my positive thoughts and baby dust to all of you!